Monday 21 March 2011

What's in a name?

Encouraged by my wife to start a blog on my bird-feeding and bird-watching activities (she does one on her crafting under the name Shabby Dandelion, check it out if you're so inclined!) I thought the perfect title would be a lift from the Mary Poppins song (i.e. feed the birds, tuppence a bag) - but when I tried to use that name as the URL I was told it was already in use (hence the additional "-mm" in my version). Great, I thought, another bird feeding blog. Must check it out before I start mine.

So what is the other "Tuppence-a-bag" about? Legalising cannabis. Which has no posts. I have no problem with anyone arguing for their cause, but why nick a lovely title like that? And then not even use it! Me, I get my highs from watching the birds (and a small amount of alcohol, admittedly), and the after effects are much more pleasant (not from the alcohol, though!).

Of course, having spent over £75 with the RSPB on-line shop for my most recent purchase of bird seed, suet treats and assorted avian nourishment, maybe "tuppence-a-bag" isn't the best choice of name for my blog either, but there it is.

Short first post just to establish the thing, more details of my feeding stations coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment